All Little Guy espresso systems that are purchased from Otto espresso pty ltd which is owned and operated by the Kaffeina Group pty Ltd (Kaffeina) or from an authorised the Little Guy dealer are covered by warranty on parts and labour.
Our goods that we sell come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under Australian consumer law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage.
You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
When you purchase a Kaffeina machine, you will also receive the benefits from the Kaffeina warranty, which is for one year.
Should your product be defective, you can make a claim under the Kaffeina Machine warranty policy.
Consumer guarantees in relation to goods:
- The goods will be of acceptable quality.
- The goods will be fit for a particular purpose.
- The goods will match their description.
- The goods will match the sample or demonstration model.
- You have title to the goods.
- You have undisturbed possession of the goods.
- There are no undisclosed securities on the goods.
If a product fails to meet a consumer guarantee, the remedy you are entitled to under Australian consumer law will depend on whether the failure to comply with the guarantee is major or minor.
Minor failures can be fixed or resolved in a reasonable amount of time. In this case, the retailer who sold you the machine or the manufacturer of the machine can choose to offer you a refund, replacement, or repair. If the retailer or manufacturer does not fix the problem or takes too long, you may be able to get it fixed by someone else and recover the costs from the seller depending on the circumstances.
Major failures cannot normally be fixed or resolved easily. In this case, you can choose one of the remedies set out below.
- Return the product and ask for a refund;
- Return the product and ask for an identical replacement, or one of similar value if reasonably available; or
- Keep the product and ask for compensation for the drop in value caused by the problem.
There is a major failure to comply with a consumer guarantee when:
- You would not have purchased the product if you had known about the problem.
- The product is unsafe.
- The product is significantly different from the description, sample or demonstration model you were shown.
- The product is substantially unfit for its normal purpose and cannot easily be made fit within a reasonable time.
- The product does not meet the specific purpose that you told the supplier about, and cannot be easily rectified within a reasonable time.
The remedies listed above are not available if you have caused the problem by being careless or misusing the Kaffeina machine or have not followed our instructions. The Kaffeina warranty will not cover defects caused by a non-genuine parts or resulting from accident, misuse, improper maintenance, or normal wear and tear.
The following parts and service repairs are not included in the warranty:
- The black handles and steam knob.
- The head seal.
- Damage or breakage to the coffee jug or handle.
- Snapping or damage to the steam arm or bending of the steam arm assembly.
- Accessories included in the the Little Guy package — latte glasses, tamper, milk jug and silicon mat.
- All of the above parts and components are replaceable. the Little Guy espresso will replace parts and service the Little Guy outside the terms of the warranty at a quoted fee.
Invalidation of the warranty
the Little Guy has been designed and manufactured for domestic household use only. Non-domestic household use will void the warranty.
Kaffeina does not offer warranty on second hand products. Warranty is only given for use of the the Little Guy in accordance with the enclosed instructions manual.
Warranty does not cover defects caused by accident, improper operation, pest (or other similar) infestation, lack of reasonable care, unauthorized modification, loss of parts, tampering or attempted repair by a person other than Otto espresso pty ltd or its authorised repairers.
To the extent permitted by law or statute kaffeina excludes all liability for:
- Any injury damage or loss resulting from failure to operate the the Little Guy espresso system in accordance with the instruction manual or from other improper use; and
- Any indirect or consequential loss or damage howsoever caused.
The Little Guy espresso system is sold under the laws of the state of Victoria, Australia which laws shall govern any claim or dispute in connection with the the Little Guy espresso system.
Kaffeina will consider reasonable requests to resolve a claim through alternative dispute resolution procedures such as mediation. In the absence of any dispute resolution procedure that may be agreed between the purchaser and Kaffeina as an alternative to litigation, the purchaser consents to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts exercising authority in Victoria, Australia.
The website provides the contact details for the Little Guy authorised service centres.
The website also outlines contact details for the the Little Guy customer service centre. For service under warranty please ensure that:
- You provide proof of purchase.
- the Little Guy espresso system is suitably packaged for delivery to the service centre.
- You have included all components of the Little Guy from the original purchase.
- You have paid in full for shipping and insurance of the Little Guy to the service centre.
- If the Little Guy is found to be in proper working order by the authorised service centre, you may be charged an administrative fee and delivery and handling costs for returning the product to you.
For information on Australian consumer laws, please visit the Australian consumer law website at http://www.consumerlaw.gov.au.